If you can measure Donald Trump’s anxiety level over his impeachment by the number of social media posts that he obsessively makes within a defined period of time, this afternoon the president likely had to change his underwear multiple times.
In what surely must be a new record even for the Twitter-happy Trump, he tweeted or retweeted over 70 posts just in the last four hours alone.
The compulsive spree of self-validation via the posting of his own media digest of every bit of positive press he could find — originating from the usual assortment of extremist right-wing news sources, Republican toadies, and his own propaganda team — was overwhelming to consume even for the president’s most ardent followers.
Rather than subject readers to a multitude of repetitive and mostly false and misleading presidential posts, we can summarize the gist of Trump’s persistent messages in a few short bullet points.
- Democrats are bad.
- Trump says he’s done nothing wrong.
- Democrats are bad, especially House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff.
- You still have a job and the economy is good and it’s all Trump’s doing, so he wants you to vote for him.
- Democrats are bad, especially Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi.
- The Ukraine scandal is a “Hoax.”
- Democrats are bad, especially House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler.
- The Ukraine scandal is a “Witch Hunt.”
- Democrats are bad, and the public will turn against them for impeaching him.
- The wall is being built. Really. He means it.
- Democrats are bad, especially this impeachment stuff.
- The U.S. under Trump is better than Canada under Trudeau.
- Democrats are bad, especially Joe Biden.
- The whistleblower doesn’t deserve protection.
- Democrats are bad, especially Pelosi, Schiff, Nadler, and Biden.
- CNN sucks and its ratings are bad.
- Democrats are bad, and this impeachment stuff sucks.
- This impeachment stuff really sucks.
This has been a public service article designed to allow you to completely skip the perusal of Donald Trump’s Sunday afternoon Twitter posts by summarizing their basic messages.
We suffer so you won’t have to.
Follow Vinnie Longobardo on Twitter.