When your opponent has $10.4 million in fundraising money and you only have $675,000, you have to get creative. This is the predicament of California State Senate President pro tempore, Kevin de León, who is challenging Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) from the left in her bid to return to the U.S. Senate seat she has held since 1992.
LAUNCHING TODAY! Login to KDL’s Amp.it page to win a video call with Kevin. Upload a 1-minute video response to the question: “What does the #AudacityOfNow mean to you? How are you taking leadership for your family, your community and your future?” Tell your friends. Join the movement. Our time is now. http://www.amp.it/#!/campaign/00bb2638-2289-4065-9825-35e092e0c69f
Posted by Kevin de León for U.S. Senate on Tuesday, May 22, 2018
Take 1 Cup of This (Before Bedtime), Watch Your Body Fat Melt Like Crazy
1 Tasse Cela Va Brûler Votre Graisse Du Ventre Comme Un Fou!
Try Not To Gasp When You See How She Looks Now
Leading up to the June 5 California primary election, Mr. de León’s volunteers have launched a historic #AudacityOfNow social media movement to amplify the voices of young progressives taking a stand for positive change in their communities.
On a volunteer basis, a brand-new social media platform called Amp.it,is helping the de León campaign put the power in the hands of the people to say what matters to them.
De León speaks on the stump abut how young people don’t want to wait their “turn” to speak up. By launching the #AudacityOfNow campaign, he is elevating the voices of a new generation of leaders.
With Trump assaulting democracy and the Republican Congress acting as his henchmen, the stakes have never been higher for new voices to speak out, demand an end to the corruption in Washington, and vote for lawmakers who represent the values progressives care about.
The stakes are high for the Senate primary in the country’s most progressive and powerful state. Neo-Nazi Patrick Little is currently polling second after Feinstein. If de León can beat Little, the general election will be between the young progressive candidate and the centrist Sen. Feinstein.
Why should you support Kevin de León’s bid for U.S. Senate? If you are a progressive, you may find his legislative record in the California State Senate intriguing.
The son of a single Mexican-immigrant mother with a third-grade education, de León rose to lead the Senate of the state with the fifth largest economy in the world, surpassing countries like Russia in GDP. He spearheaded a bill to give California single-payer healthcare, along with bills protecting the environment, women, the LGBTQ community, immigrants, public safety, and transportation rights.
Only the power of the people can give this underdog a chance against the wealthy Feinstein, who has voted for more Trump appointees than just about any other Democrat. Meanwhile, letting Trump follower, neo-Nazi Patrick Little have a shot at representing California in the U.S. Senate is unthinkable.
Sending outspoken, progressive, Mexican-American de León to Washington is sure to make Trump, the man who recently called Mexican immigrants “animals,” more miserable than just about anything else.
Here’s how you use Amp.it to participate in Kevin de León’s #AudacityOfNow movement:
- Go to Kevin de León’s #AudacityOfNow page and click the Facebook icon at the top to login with your Facebook account
- Click the Upload Video button
- Upload 1-minute video response to the question: “What does the #AudacityOfNow mean to you? How are you taking leadership for your family, your community and your future?”
- Title it: “[YOUR NAME]: The Audacity of Now”
- Get everyone you know to watch and “amp” it, so you can rise up the charts (to “amp” a video press the orange “a” on the bottom right of the video player and earn points for sharing it to your Facebook and Twitter).
- If you’re a Creator, you get points when people watch and “amp” your video
- If you’re a Fan, you get points for watching and “amping” other people’s videos. You only get 5 amps per day so be selective.
- If you’re the Top Creator, we will feature your video response on Amp.it and you’ll win a video chat with Kevin.
- If you’re the Top Fan, you will get a video shoutout from Kevin.