CNN is not letting White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders off the hook today for her contradictory statements about why serial domestic abuser Rob Porter was allowed access to highly classified materials, despite not being able to pass an FBI background check for permanent security clearance.
After FBI Director contradicts WH narrative, Sanders today says process at WH had not yet completed.
But just yesterday she said: "Look, this is a process that doesn't operate within the White House. It's handled by our law enforcement and intelligence community." https://t.co/VCaaxcmK56
— Jake Tapper (@jaketapper) February 13, 2018
Yesterday, she deflected reporters’ questions about Porter’s security clearance by throwing the FBI under the bus, saying that the White House had nothing to do with the background check process.
The Horrifying Truth About CBD
The Strangest Animals You've Never Heard of
Doctors Amazed: Do This If You Have Neuropathy & Nerve Damage (Watch)
However, CNN’s Jim Acosta and Jake Tapper just pointed out on Twitter that — after FBI director Christopher Wray testified earlier today that the bureau had warned the White House months ago that Porter was susceptible to blackmail due to abuse allegations from two ex-wives and an ex-girlfriend — Sanders suddenly did a 180 at her press conference, purporting that White House Personnel Security, “had not completed their [vetting] process,” more than a year into Porter’s employment.
WH offering up a new explanation for the Porter timeline and his background check… agreeing FBI had completed its investigation, but adding the WH Personnel Security office "had not completed their process."
— Jim Acosta (@Acosta) February 13, 2018
‘I can’t get into the content of what was briefed, what I can tell you is the FBI submitted a partial report on the investigation in question in March, and then a completed background investigation in late July. Soon thereafter we received request for follow-up inquiry and we did the follow-up and provided that information in November and then we administratively closed the file in January. And then earlier this month, we received additional information and we passed that on as well,’ Wray said to the Senate Intelligence Commitee.
In other words, the White House sat on the information, in keeping with its history of protecting abusers of women, including the president — who has been accused of child rape and who himself boasted on tape about committing the kind of sexual assault of which at least 19 women have accused him.
The lax security standards of the Trump White House have raised additional questions about dozens of other West Wing officials who still have not passed their FBI background checks, including First Son-in-Law and top aide, Jared Kushner.
Meanwhile, Huckabee Sanders’ conflicting stories exacerbate the appearance of guilt on the part of the Trump administration, whose constant lies and cover ups sully the office of the Presidency and the reputation of our great nation.
After a series of administration assaults against the bureau, the FBI now seems more than willing to expose the White House’s spurious claims, while also continuing their investigations into possible foreign agents at work in our government.
May law enforcement succeed in uprooting and disposing of the evil weeds currently growing in the White House.